Sunday, November 02, 2008

Here comes the Bride, all dressed in...Red, Pink, or Gold?

Lately my mother has started badgering me about marriage pretty much on a daily basis. An off handed comment about my ripe, marriageable age...a meaningful glance at my friend's wedding card. Oh and going to the mall with her in this season is like punching a thorn bag! Everywhere there are wedding ensembles decorating the shop windows, and my mom does not waste a single moment to get on with it and mention how a deep pink would look so pretty. u-g-h!!
My elder sisters, not ones to be left behind, have their entire look figured out for my wedding!
They have every detail down to the T...right from their colour coordinated sharaaras, to the jewellery that will go on and the way their hair needs to be primped and oh! yes! the sandals need to have 3 inch heels atleast (to avoid tripping on the fabric..duh!).

Right, every detail but one... I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!! :-S

Maybe i should move to another city...But would that be enough to get them off my back? ... and then i fear for my younger brother...what will become of him if my family cant get their hands on me - their favourite wedding bait!!

7 comments:

See Bee said...

omg your blogrants sound a lot like mine! trust me this marriage trauma will NEVER end. after u get married it will be baccha trauma and then second baccha trauma...it only BEGINS with shaadi (I have seen too many elder siblings go thru it all..)

and happy b'day! lemme know if u want company on that backpacking trip - it's something I'd also like to do

check out couchsurfers.com. pretty neat concept and a great way to travel on a shoestring budget.

See Bee said...

ok i just realised the 'lemme know if you want company' comment might have sounded super creepy - considering I am posting a comment here for the first time.

pls ignore..lol!

S said...

LOL...Im beginning to learn just what we might be in for. The ride is yet to begin *shudder*
Thanks for the link...ive been meaning to do the backpack trip for so long but unfortunately i dont have the right company. If you're serious about it...we can start the planning. :)

See Bee said...

i don't mind at all! only you do the planning ad i shall just arrive

hahah - so shaana no?

Useless Bugger said...

Ripe marriagable age... lol!
Good one.

Trauma Queen said...

well, you're married now! (and so am I) lol!

S said...

hahah!! :D what are the odds! :P